Thursday, November 4, 2010

VERNUCCIO FOR STATE SENATE
34TH DISTRICT   REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVE
November 3, 2010

VICTORY IN DEFEAT
  Although the tidal wave of Democrat victories in New York State unfortunately included my race in the 34th Senatorial District, we were successful in many ways.

      Most importantly, we changed the entire political conversation in New York State, a fact that will bear great importance in the future.  When I began my race, I was the only candidate seriously discussing the abolition of failing agencies like the MTA.  By the end of the campaign, my original concept had been adopted by many, if not most candidates on both sides of the political divide. 

      Similarly, while many candidates were discussing a tax cap, I was one of the only candidates to discuss an actual tax reduction.  Eventually, many candidates adopted that position.

      Throughout this race, many liberal Democrat candidates, including my opponent, pretended  to adopt conservative positions.  Indeed, this was a general strategy throughout the Democrat party.  I intend to monitor those who did so, and expose those who (as expected) once again break their trust with the voters. 
      My campaign was unique in that in accepted no funds from special interests, and received almost no funds from political parties.  Albany must be freed of the stranglehold of vested interests that have bankrupted the state, and made a mockery of democracy.  We can, and we must, do better. 

     I am deeply grateful to all those volunteers who gave so generously of their time and effort.  I will never forget their fighting spirit and generosity.  I pledge to you that I will continue the noble battle that we began with this campaign. 
Frank V. Vernuccio, Jr.

Paid for by Friends of Vernuccio
 

No comments:

Post a Comment