Thursday, January 11, 2018

Council Member Rafael Salamanca, Jr - New Chair of the Land Use Committee



Statement on the Committee on Land Use

“I’m incredibly proud to have the confidence of the Speaker and my colleagues to serve as the Land Use Chair for this session.
‘Our city is at a crossroads, including my community in the South Bronx. This body, led by a Speaker who understands the importance of having a strong, independent Council, should be on the front lines on shaping the planning, development and all other land use actions in a way that listens to and addresses the concerns of all New Yorkers.
‘I believe we can and will do that. After seeing much development in my district and working to approve over 4,000 units of affordable housing in under two years, I believe I am ready to work with each and every member of the Council to ensure the needs of their constituents are met with any given land use action.
‘With that said, I’m ready to roll up my sleeves, visit as many neighborhoods as I can and most importantly, listen on how I can help to shape land use for the five boroughs over the next four years. Let’s get to work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment